We've released Version 188.8.131.52 of Kodu, affectionately named "Kodu Touch" today, and we on the Kodu team couldn't be happier to bring this to you, our Kodu fans, Kodu community, and game designers. We're also excited that, as a part of Kodu Touch release, we've partnered with Imagine Cup team who are officially announcing this year's "Kodu Cup" competitions. You can learn more here: (http://www.imaginecup.com/kodu)
So, what is in Kodu Touch?
- Touch Implementation: With a touch-compatible device, you can create, sculpt, code, and play with touch-only interface!
- Mr. Octo & Friends: two new characters (Octopus and Generator), with new features such as "camouflage", "push/pull" fan experience, and "ink-jet".
- Sea-themed objects: Create your underwater experience with starfish, kelp, treasure clams, and lili-pads. We also have Icebergs to create artic environments as well.
- Pipes: Create, rotate, connect, and build pipes into your experience
- Level Linking: A community requested feature! Now, link up to three levels together to continue that great game experience. As a part of this, you can persist scores.
- Dynamic Settings: Have Kodu grow and shrink; turn day into night, and back into day! Change the lighting, water levels, and water colors through game design. You control much more of the game settings.
- Coral Defense: 3 professionally created "tower-defense" style games, linked together! Help Kodu defend the starfish by reprogramming Mr. Octo's minions. Created by Smoking Gun Interactive, check out how to create your own tower defense levels.
- Kodu Curriculum: As a part of this release, we'll also have curriculum for teachers to use in class, revolving around water features, water engagement, and touch experiences. Look for it on our website soon!
We're looking forward to seeing great levels created by the community, but also to hear how touch is being used to create, program and play levels. Keep us updated in the forum on how you're using Kodu Touch!