Post games you think are good ideas or some you have made with with Kodu Game Lab.
1. Jet vs UFO: Area 51 - I recently made a game where theres a UFO trying to blow up a station in area 51. You have a jet & must use youre blips & misslies to take it down before the building's health reaches 0.
- Its a 3D world, not huge but enough to navigate a plane. Theres some detail on the ground like multple buildings, paths, grass, airplane runways etc. I used a Saucer bot to play the role of the alien ship & have him follow a path at high speeds like a flying saucer would do. So the ship is shooting at me & the building randomly. You blow up the Spaceship you win. If you or the building is blow up you lose. Havent finished tweaking it but its basically done & works well
2. 2D Platformers - I made a thread about this here. Basically it list alot of things you can do to make fun levels. Try different things to increase diffuclty. I recommend using Kodu for platforming because he can jump & easy to adjust
- I made the 1-1 Super Mario level & I dont recommend it. Its very time consuming to get everything accurate. Your better off building levels off the top of your head because you dont have to follow a guide. And the game will fit your charcters ability much more because hes not made like Mario
3. - Destroy All cities - Similar to destroy all humans but in this you are using only a space ship / Flying Saucer. I'm still working on the game but its almost there. Theres a decent size neighbor hood, with a solid amount of destroyable houses. You fly the spaceship around & drop missiles & shoot blips to lower the houses health bars. Now theres armed forces on the ground shooting missiles up at you. You must use your speed & evasiveness to get around that & finish your job. Once you destroy all the building you win. If the missiles take you down then you lost. The flying games are most fun imo
4. Top down shooters - Now I havent made a game like this because I buy indie games that have these. It still can be done with Kodu Game lab though. Its a matter of designing a floor style with rooms etc. Most will prefer survival horror themed games so have the lighting dark & have enemies respawn . Have the A.I Gravitate toward you. Your ammo appears every so often. The carmera can easily be trained for the game
5. The Fast & The Furious - Get from Point A to point B type game. Have a long path a character must follow with something like a star or Gold coin at the end as a finish line. The player that gets the star/Coin is the winner. You can call it Fast & Furious because its like drag racing because theres no laps. Have shortcuts & multple paths
6. Motorcross stunt game - Use the Motor Cycle & build a wide dirtland area with many dirt ramps, regular ramps & big gaps. You can add the crowd audio effects which makes the player feel like hes performing infront of one. No point to the game just freestyle & trying to make jumps. Maybe have objects at a very high place sitting in the air. So a player must reach all of them to win.
7. Trials HD rip off - Now the game wont be technically physics based but you can try to work with what you got. Basically if your creative & have time. You can make ramps that require a certain speed to get across. Some stunts that you can fall into water & die or whatever. Just a long 2d level where you get across obstacles to get to the end
8. Protect the president - I plan on making this game soon. Basically you create the white house & you are a body guard. You must escort the president to his limo. Bots will shoot at him, you are invulnerable so you can take shots, but the presidents not. You must intercept bullets coming his way & shoot down the people shooting.. It will probably be a free camera to see every body. Not a long game by any means. Once he gets to the limo the game is won. Should be 1 or 2 minute game, depending on how fast I allow him to walk.
9. Remake Froger - Remake frogger thats in the sample section. The sample is just pretty short. And frogger is a fun game. So you can take a crack at that.
10. Geometry wars - You basically can make a geometry wars clone easilyy with this game. It wont be as artistic looking but you can do it fairly easliy. Use a saucer, & make repswaning creatables that pop up every so often & explode when it. Theres a sample that shows how you can make the game look very neon like.
11. RC Racing flying - Have Kodu next to a small plane. He doesnt have to move or anything. Just have the small plane flying in a small type place. Maybe make the environment some novelty area. Like a football or baseball stadium
12. Infilitry Stealth - Fly your jet over to a island that housing bombs & guns. Take your plan over there nuke the place. Come back in 1 pience & land at a specific location
13. Bumper cars - I think a bumper bot game could work like in the Mario Party games. Probably just make a circle & no glass wall. Have the character have high kick rates. You lose if you fall of the platform
14. Haunted House - I just finished up a on rail shooter. I used Kodu, created him a path to follow at a somewhat slow pace. Made machines create Zombie Kodus in different areas. I had a few Zombie kodus behind sharp turns to scar you. I added a scary music to play throughout the game. At the end of you face a Huge Zombie,
..btw its a fairly small mansion wher you start infront of the mansion in a front yard, travel through a few rooms than I teleport to the back yard & face a onslaught & the final Boss.
15.Laser tag / Paintball Kodu game - Basically program bots to turn a different color when shot. Once they turned that color they vanish or lose points. Give the shooter points & whover reaches the set number of points they win or make it 1 shot your out.
You can make areanas, change the lighting, etc
16. Snowball/ Snowday - Make a neighborhood with building & trees & make the floor white to give the illlusion of snow. Have bots launch white apples at you & you at them.